Thursday, July 21, 2016

Why Have a Model of the Year?

It is for exceptionally talented individuals that demonstrate excellence, poise, professionalism and a drive to succeed. It is not handed out to those that feel entitled or that reek of privilege and expectation but solely for those individuals that show inexhaustible diligence and unrelenting positivity. They create, they inspire and they always attribute to others in a way that makes them want to be better people, better friends, better neighbors and better artists.

While it is something that we do not necessarily have to do, we felt an obligation to recognize how absolutely rare and wonderful such people are. They make us better. They inspire thru action and encourage others thru sheer perseverance, optimism, talent and warm personality. 

The Model of the Year DOES NOT give up. They DO NOT retire. They DO NOT dwell on regret. They DO NOT hold grudges. They are NOT content with sameness and mediocrity. They are ALWAYS looking forward to the next challenge with a magnetic sense of character and steadfast dedication to everything they do. One past Model of the Year says, "I will not stop until I achieve my goal and when it is won I will set another. There was a time when there were things I would never consider trying. Soon I realized I can't grow as a person that way. I can't experience life or develop as a model that way. I have to keep trying new things." To paraphrase another Model of the Year, "I will travel as far as I need to, move to wherever I have to, go anywhere if it will help me improve upon what I already have. I also thank everyone that has helped me get this far and coaching me along the way and I am eagerly anticipating meeting even more people and overcoming even greater challenges." Even another says, "I will never retire. Quitting isn't in my personality makeup. Whenever I accomplish one thing I'll simply bore and shrivel if I don't try another. It is how I thrive and mature as an artist and as a person." 

They don't just say these things. They live these personal philosophies all year and all the time we have known them. The "Model of the Year" title is just a title. Yet, it represents something for greater than words or trophies can show. It represents the exceptional, the unique, the bold, the fierce, the driven and the true. 

When we discover such people; people that make us want to rise and not give up - we want to recognize how special they are and let other people know it. After so many years amid a sea of seemingly endless talent, there is always a single wave that towers above all others. The Model of the Year out-crests them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment