Tuesday, September 16, 2014

10 Years - 10 Best Helios Images - (#8) Countdown

All Rights Reserved
Model: Kim Jonet
Image #8 represents a slight departure from our norm. Despite not being a glamour photographer, I'd had a few of such shoots under my belt. But I'd deemed this as something more than that. Categorically speaking, as far as genres go this has all the makings of the risqué flavor that currently epitomizes the glamour genre unlike glamour of the past. But this felt different. It felt more connected to me somehow. It was more real and personable than just flagrant nudity or breast visibility. It is tasteful and yet sinfully teasing.

I credit every bit of it to the model. She was simply perfect for the look. Her ability to intensify and project a connection thru the lens was/is incredible. Unlike any model I have ever photographed to this very day, Kim is by far the sexiest; not sexy in the act of having sex kind of way - but sexy when a woman is comfortable with herself and she exudes confidence and an awareness about her body; an awareness I'd never seen. It was not arousing but it was intoxicating and alluring all the same. Clothed or unclothed, multi-layered fabrics or scantily clad, Kim is enchanting and jaw dropping beautiful.

I'd like to say it's about the lighting, the grainy noire black and white finish but it's not; at least not entirely. I think she made this image her own. She took ownership of the look and that easily puts her into our forever Top 10 Best Images list.


No comments:

Post a Comment