Friday, April 20, 2012

Image FX in Fashion & Glamour Photography


Is it split-tone and HDR? It’s neither one but the results were the same.
It is amazing what can be achieved in camera beforehand. Crank up your contrast settings, boot the saturation and sharpness and finish it up with an overlay color burn after applying a channel mixer. What you end up with is a hardcore sexy high contrast glamour shot.

It was highly experimental but only took about five minutes to complete if you have an idea of what you’re going for. I had the idea churning in my head before the shoot but I still wasn’t quite sure what could be achieved in camera first. It helps starting out with a physically flawless subject of course. No editing on her needed or applied. All the editing were tones, contrast and levels. 
It would seem I'm leaning toward a more raw and racier image style as of late. It has been more subconsciously driven rather than deliberate I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment