Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rained out photo shoot

The weather doesn't cooperate when you're scheduled to do your shoots outside. It was no surprise that once the client is set and the date is scheduled, the rain swoops in and washes your plans away.

We decided to move the shoot indoors. Despite not being able to capitalize on the natural light and urban background, we managed to get some fantastic pics. I certainly don't believe this dress could look any better on anyone else. Once we decided to do the photo shoot I knew this was definitely the look for her. So with her permission I went back and got it this dress for her and the rest was history. Less than a dozen frames later it was a done deal for this pose and look.

I brought down the contrast to soften it while also bringing up the offset to wash it out and reduce saturation. I really wanted it soft to give it a somewhat natural light look despite being inside. I also brought in a tinge of graininess. I believe it bodes well for the general feel of it.

I would have liked to be outdoors in the city with this shoot but in hindsight I believe it turned out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment