Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Gina Rules the World

It is not only possible but plausible. Gina could become one of the greatest Helios models ever.

It started some time ago; years that we first met Gina. Like all first shoots there was that slight but quieted anxiety in the air about what to expect. It's always that way with someone new. You just don't know what you'll get. I know that's how we felt. I'm sure she felt the same. Our anxiety proved to be unwarranted. Gina impressed us and still continues to do so. Even so, since then we've refined our casting process and usually meet prospective models first to eliminate that first few critical minutes of awkwardness. In other words we cast/interview to eliminate potential problems beforehand, discuss expectations, gauge interests and commitment. But I felt a creative kinship to Gina I rarely feel the first time out with anyone. There's just something about her I thought, just like "There's Something About Mary."

Now it's years later and at least three or four more shoots into our creative relationship. I still feel the same vibe. She's just "cool people" as it is often said. But very recently something changed. It was like an epiphany that elevates one's consciousness. Something evolved this last time around; an unwavering new confidence I've never seen her exude before. She was always good and I had no reason to believe she would get even better. She is already near perfect. Who is this new person because we're crushing hard on her?

All Rights Reserved
©heliosimaging
Fitness Model: Gina Perkins
She doesn't know it but she has always been my ace in the hole and one of my most desired people to shoot. Sure I say that a lot about many different people but Gina has always been a little different for me. She feels familiar and comfortable even if you've never met her before; like the friendly neighbor you grew up with. Everything is relaxed and unforced. But now Gina has positioned herself to take over my entire creative world. She exhibited a sense of boldness I've never seen since our first shoot. She was soft and yet strikingly fierce. She was poised and delicate but not vulnerable. She was ready for whatever I could dish out. You could tell she was confident and prepared and it was contagious. We were throwing around looks like confetti and she mastered it all with very little effort.  

I'd always gotten that from her. But this time she came with a fire I'd not previously witnessed. If this is what we can expect from her then I'm game-on for whatever whenever she wants. She scored serious brownie points for just being a bad-ass this most recent time around. 

I only wish I was more available to her. The only hurdle to our taking over the creative universe is scheduling. I'm not exactly walking distance to her and my time of shooting nowadays is limited so people have to get us when they can. When someone asks to change a booking schedule there are seldom any do-overs. It may be weeks, months or years to get back. That's a problem we will have to overcome. But you had better believe that the world is hers for the taking if I have anything to do with it.

The next person up for our "Denimism" series has a tough act to follow. Gina is no slouch on anything and she killed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Working with such a fantastic photographer makes all the difference. I am flattered by this write up and the feeling is mutual - we always create beautiful work perhaps that is because we are so in line with our thoughts and vision of what we want to create next. I will always enjoy working with Helios Imaging. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete