Monday, February 13, 2012

"A Hush Darkly"

This image was berthed from a bit of creative self-indulgence. I wasn’t quite sure where I was headed with it. But I knew I was there the moment it was complete.

All Rights Reserved
It derived from a composite of several merged images and from using a proprietary split-toning technique that I dreamed up a few months ago. There are at least 50 more steps I won’t go into but I am very pleased with the results.

I titled this piece “A Hush Darkly.” I have my own motivations and meaning but I have shown it to four different people and each of them have had different interpretations from light angelic to a sense of psychological detachment taken from the illusion of a person being torn from themselves. At least that’s what some people see.

Each will have their own interpretation and perhaps someday I will reveal it’s true meaning. But such is art; inspire, imagine, incite, stir and calm.

It will drive you madd if you continue to stare. Your mind wants you to understand and your eye will continue to search for a point of focus to make sense of what is happening. The answers are there but you must not force yourself to see it. You have to accept it just as it is and in time the answer will be revealed in a swift revelation of awareness.

This is part of the canvased "Chaos" series. More images will be coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment